How to Make a Glow in the Dark Minnow Fishing Lure
Make a Glow in the Dark Minnow Fishing Lure - Illuminate Your Fishing Experience
Create your own glow in the dark minnow fishing lure with these simple steps:
1. Start by making a plug from light wood, preferably cedar or white pine. Shape the wood into a minnow-like form, approximately 1 3/4 inches long and tapering from 3/4 inch in diameter at the large end to 1/4 inch at the small end.
2. Carve a 5/16-inch hole, 1 inch deep, in the large end of the plug.
3. Craft a lead plug with a hole through the center, ensuring it fits snugly into the hole in the head of the minnow. Smooth and even out the front end of the lead plug to align with the front of the wood.
4. Pass a wire through the minnow, forming an eye at the tail for attaching hooks and another at the head for the swivel.
5. Insert a three-cornered piece of tin approximately 1/2 inch behind the head on each side. Bend the tin in a way that water movement causes it to rotate, giving motion to the lure.
To achieve the glow effect, apply two coats of luminous paint to the lure. Expose the minnow to light for several hours, allowing it to absorb the light energy. As it is drawn through the water, the minnow will emit a luminous glow in the dark, making it highly visible to fish. This lure is particularly effective for night feeding game fish, as they are attracted to the glowing lure.
Craft your own glow in the dark minnow fishing lure and enhance your fishing experience. The illuminated lure will captivate fish even in low-light conditions, increasing your chances of success. Get ready to reel in your catch with this enticing and effective fishing lure.