How to Make a Camping Hammock Tent
Build a Hammock Tent
Follow these steps to easily transform a simple tent into a camping hammock tent. By sleeping off the ground, you can avoid ground critters and insects while staying dry in case of rain. With just a few modifications, you can make this hammock tent yourself:
1. Choose a Tent: Select a suitable tent that you wish to modify. An ordinary "dog" or shelter tent works well for this project. It can be made from canvas or tarpaulin material.
2. Attach Canvas or Tarpaulin: Sew a piece of canvas or tarpaulin to the sides of the tent. This additional fabric will create the hammock portion of the tent.
3. Suspension System: Suspend the tent by the ridge using a heavy rope supported by trees or posts. Ensure that the rope is securely attached to provide a stable hammock setup.
4. Tautness and Stability: Keep the hammock tent taut on the sides by attaching tent ropes to stakes driven into the ground. This will maintain the shape of the tent and provide stability.
5. Compactness and Portability: The illustrated camping hammock tent demonstrates its compactness and ease of transportation. It can be rolled up and carried conveniently for your camping trips.
6. Comfort and Protection: This hammock tent offers a comfortable sleeping place in a small space. It keeps you off the ground, ensuring a restful sleep without the need for a cot. You can enjoy a dry and comfortable rest while being protected from dampness and the presence of prowling animals.
By following these steps, you can create your own camping hammock tent, providing a secure and elevated sleeping experience during your camping adventures. Remember to test the stability and ensure proper setup before using the hammock tent. Sleep peacefully in your elevated shelter, just like in The Hunger Games.