Camping Dessert Recipes
No camping experience is truly complete without a selection of mouthwatering desserts. The outdoors seem to enhance the flavors and make these treats even more enjoyable. Below, you'll find a collection of tempting dessert recipes specifically crafted for camping adventures.
Campfire Pie Bites
- 1 package of graham cracker mini pie crusts
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 package of mini peanut butter cups
- 1 package of mini marshmallows
- Slice the bananas.
- Place all four pie crusts on a 9 x 13 inch baking sheet pan.
- Layer the pie crusts as follows: 3 or 4 slices of banana, 2 or 3 peanut butter cups, and a few marshmallows on top.
- Cover the baking sheet with heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Set the pan on a grate over a campfire and cook for approximately 10 to 15 minutes.
- 2 cans of cherry pie filling
- 1 can of cola-flavored soda
- 1 box of chocolate cake mix
- In a 12-inch Dutch oven, pour both cans of cherry pie filling.
- Evenly distribute the chocolate cake mix on top of the pie filling.
- Pour the cola-flavored soda over the cake mix.
- Place the Dutch oven on top of hot coals or a grate.
- Allow it to cook for 30 to 35 minutes or until the cake appears done.
Sweet Banana Fry
- 6 boneless chicken breasts, quartered
- 1 package of onion soup mix
- 4 tablespoons of softened butter
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 can of mushrooms (4 oz.), drained
- 1/2 cup of cream
- Heavy-duty aluminum foil
- Preheat the grill.
- Wash and dry the chicken breasts.
- Tear off four large squares of aluminum foil.
- On each foil square, place 1 teaspoon of softened butter, 1 teaspoon of onion soup mix, and 1/4 teaspoon of paprika.
- Add equal amounts of chicken to each square.
- Drizzle the remaining butter and soup over the chicken.
- Top with equal amounts of cream and mushrooms.
- Wrap the foil to create a packet, tightly folding the edges.
- Cook on a hot grill for 45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked, turning the packets every ten minutes.
Peanut Butter & Banana S'mores
- 8 whole graham crackers
- 1/4 cup of creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup of marshmallow fluff
- 2 sliced bananas (1/4 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons of chopped salty roasted peanuts
- 4 8-inch squares of wax paper
- 4 12-inch squares of heavy-duty foil
- Spread peanut butter on four graham crackers and marshmallow fluff on the other four.
- Press slices of banana into the peanut butter and sprinkle with chopped nuts.
- Place the marshmallow crackers on top of the peanut butter and banana crackers, pressing lightly.
- Wrap each s'more in wax paper and then in foil.
- Grill the s'mores over medium heat for approximately 10 minutes, turning them twice.
- They are done when the marshmallow filling is gooey and somewhat toasted.
Gooey Brownie S'mores
- 1 box of brownie mix
- 1/2 cup of crushed graham crackers
- 3/4 cup of chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups of miniature marshmallows
- Preheat the grill to 325 degrees F and coat a 12-inch cast iron skillet with vegetable oil.
- Prepare the brownie mixture as directed on the box and pour it into the skillet.
- Sprinkle the crushed graham crackers on top of the brownie mixture.
- Place the skillet on the grill and let it cook for 25 to 35 minutes. Be careful not to overcook.
- Remove the skillet from the grill.
- Spread the chocolate chips evenly on top of the brownie and use a rubber spatula to spread them.
- Add a thin layer of marshmallows on top of the chocolate.
- Return the skillet to the grill and cook until the marshmallows become lightly browned.
- The brownie will continue cooking in the hot skillet. Use a knife to check if the brownie is done around the edges.
- To serve, use a large spoon to scoop out servings instead of cutting with a knife.
Sweetness on a Stick
- 1 container of biscuits
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 4 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- Butter or margarine
- Mix together the cinnamon and sugar in a bowl.
- Flatten out a single biscuit and spiral it around the top of a stick.
- Hold the biscuit over the campfire until it is cooked.
- Roll the cooked biscuit in butter and the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Enjoy the delicious treat!
- 1 apple
- 2 tablespoons of mixed dried fruits
- 2 tablespoons of chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of margarine or butter
- Leaving the bottom of the apple intact, remove the core.
- Mix together all the other ingredients except for the margarine.
- Pack the apple with the dry ingredients and place margarine on top.
- Wrap the apple in foil from the bottom up, twisting the ends tightly to form a handle.
- Place the wrapped apple on top of the coals (right-side up).
- Let it cook for 12-18 minutes, rotating occasionally.
- Once the apple is cooked, open the foil and let it cool for a couple of minutes before serving.
Easy Burrito Dessert
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of creamy or crunchy peanut butter
- 1 bag of miniature marshmallows
- 1 bag of chocolate chips
- 1 package of flour tortillas
- Place a single flour tortilla on a 12-inch square piece of foil.
- Smear the center of the tortilla with peanut butter.
- Top with a portion of marshmallows and chocolate chips.
- Fold up each end of the tortilla, then roll it up like a burrito.
- Wrap the burrito with foil, making sure there are no open ends.
- Place it on a grate or iron skillet and heat for approximately 5 to 10 minutes.
- Let it cool before serving.
- This recipe is great for kids to get involved in. They can make their own burrito dessert and write their names on the foil before cooking.
- 1 package of biscuits
- 1 bottle of chocolate syrup
- 1 bag of shredded coconut
- 1 package of powdered sugar
- 1 cup of sugar
- Vegetable oil
- Tear a hole in the middle of each biscuit to create a donut shape.
- In an iron skillet or saucepan, heat 1 to 2 cups of vegetable oil until hot.
- Place the biscuits side by side into the heated oil and let them brown.
- Use a spatula to carefully turn the biscuits over and let the other side brown as well.
- Once the biscuits are golden brown, remove them from the oil and place them on a paper towel to drain any excess oil.
- Sprinkle each donut with chocolate syrup, powdered sugar, sugar, and shredded coconut to your liking.
- Serve the delicious campfire donuts while they're still warm and enjoy!